These fig and apple flap jacks are a brilliant grab and run on the go breakfast or snack. I love spreading them with home made fig jam and a drizzle of honey. Literally heaven in a breakfast bar… or flap jack. I would also recommend a cup of tea to be enjoyed with this plant based treat, because tea works well with everything, but especially these.
They’re super easy to make and will keep in the fridge for up to a week, if they last that long – with me they never do. What can I say? I have serious self control issues when it comes to food. The consistency of these isn’t hard or dry they’re soft and chewy.
Fig and Apple Flap Jack Ingredients: Makes around 12 depending on how you cut them!
- 4 small apples – grated
- 8 ripe figs
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2.5 cups of oats
- 2.5 tbsp of honey
Method to make fig and apple bars:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’c.
- Pop all of the ingredients into a food processor. If you don’t own a food processor have no fear! You can just pop the incredients into a bowl but make sure you finally chop the figs and use a lot of arm power to mix.
- Once thoroughly mixed, spoon into an oven proof tray onto grease proof paper.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Save this pin on Pinterest here: