This sugar free fig jam is fast becoming one of my favourite things I have ever made. It’s easy to make, has just three ingredients and has absolutely no added sugar. Yesterday I made pancakes and spread this delicious jam on top. It also tastes very yummy on apple and fig flap jacks – the recipe for those is coming this week too!
I am lucky enough to have fig trees in my garden, so I spent a few hours with my trusty Arthur Cat pottering in the outside on Saturday and picking figs to make home made sugar free jam.
Sugar Free Fig Jam Ingredients: (makes 4 -5 jars)
- 2 kg of figs
- 400 ml of water
- Juice of one lemon
Home made jam method:
- Wash the figs and cut the stalks off. Cut into quarters, leave the skin on – it’s full of goodness!
- Pop the figs into a large saucepan and cover with the 400ml of water.
- Bring to the boil on high for 5 minutes.
- Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes and stir occasionally.
- The figs should break down and make a lovely jam. Stir in the lemon juice once you have taken the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
- Sterilise the jam jars by placing them in the sink and pouring boiling water into each one. Let the water run of the top to sterilise the very edge of the jar. Be sure to also sterilise the jam jar lids too with boiling water. Be very careful!!
- Once cooled a little spoon the jam into the jars and leave to cool fully.
- Keep the jam in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
If you like the look of this recipe and would like to save it for later, you can pin it here: