Pumpkin and Lentil Stew… could it be any more Autumnal if I tried?! A dairy free stew that is absolutely delicious. This Autumn weather has me thinking about pretty much one thing the majority of the time – food. I can’t help my little self! I love warming comfort foods like this Autumnal mash I made last week, I really enjoy baking during Autumn too. Microwave brownies (that counts as baking…right?!) and Orange & Apple Sponge galore.
I made this pumpkin and lentil stew with a broth base, this time I used beef broth but you could also easily use a veggie broth and it would taste just as good!
Pumpkin & Lentil Stew Ingredients: Serves 6
- 2 Cups of Broth
- 4 Cups of Pumpkin – peeled and chopped
- 3 Peppers – I used yellow, green and red peppers to add colour – cored and chopped
- 1 Head of Broccoli – Chopped, including the stem
- 1 Cup of Dried Lentils
- 2 Tsp of Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper to season
- In a large saucepan heat the broth on medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin, peppers, broccoli and lentils.
- Add the turmeric and stir well.
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper to season and cover with a lid for 20-30 mins.
- Check the pumpkin is nice and soft and the lentils are cooked and enjoy!
Pin For Later: