This is definitely one of my firm favourites at the moment, a Spanish Omelette with a twist – sweet potato! Sweet potato is full of antioxidants and boasts high levels of Vitamin A and C as well as maganese, copper and vitamin B6. This recipe does include egg, so I’m afraid it is not vegan friendly.
Both warming and filling without a bloated feeling, this makes a great Autumnal lunch or dinner, I love teaming mine with salad or roasted veggies.
Sweet Potato Spanish Omelette Ingredients: This makes one large omelette – 4 Portions.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Onion
- A Drop of Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs
- Peel and slice the sweet potato and pop into a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan add a drop of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until golden brown.
- Strain the sweet potato and add to the pan.
- Brown the potato with the onion.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the sweet potato and onion.
- Cook in the frying pan until an omelette consistency is formed.
- I usually flip the omellete by tipping it out onto a plate and popping it back in the other way to brown the other side.
If you like this recipe, you can save it for later here: