Tea loaf is my go to recipe when I want to make something quick, simple and scrumptious to take into work on a staff meeting day. It always goes down a treat.
This tea loaf is made using black tea, and is free from refined sugar and dairy. It’s spongey, sweet and ticks all the boxes as a mid morning treat to be enjoyed with a cup of tea.
Makes one loaf tin – 10-14 servings depending on size.
Tea Loaf Ingredients:
- 2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup of Sultanas
- 1 Cup of Tea – make a cup of tea without milk. Medium to strong strength.
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 8 Tbsp of Honey
- 2 Eggs
- Pop the kettle on! The first port of call with this recipe is to make a medium to strong strength black cup of tea. Your normal English Breakfast tea will do.
- Place the cup of sultanas into a bowl and pour the tea on top. Leave to cool and for the sultanas to soak up the tea.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’c.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of self raising flower, 4 tbsp of olive oil, 2 eggs, 8 tbsp of honey along with the sultanas and tea once cool. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Pop in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and leave to cool on the side.
Pin this recipe for later: